- HONDURAS MISSION TRIP. USED EQUIPMENT NEEDED - Will just returned from his 4th church mission trip to Honduras where the group continued an ongoing church building project and installed the ceiling, all while playing music and soccer with the local neighborhood children.
Having spoken on the last day with his new friend and local pastor Carlos Moncada, Will learned they are extremely interested in growing a music ministry at this church over the next year and Will has committed to help as much as he can over the following year, in preparation for returning next summer.
As such, if you have any unused/old/etc. (but working) PA equipment, mixers, music stands, mics, mic stands, instruments of any type, or otherwise that you may be willing to donate (and it will be tax deductible), please let Will know via firstname.lastname@example.org and he will see to it, in conjunction with working with the North Georgia Methodist Mission that the things donated get placed directly in the hands of Pastor Moncada and that they are put to good use in this extremely impoverished, but hopefully up and coming country community at their future church in the outskirts of La Cieba, Honduras. The photo is a picture of the church that is hoped to be completed in September of this year.
- Please show your support for Carolina Studios in Charleston, South Carolina. Carolina Studios was formed in 2001. Its founders had a shared passion for music and a deep concern for Charleston's at-risk urban youth. They agreed there was a need to create an environment where troubled young people would be encouraged to develop their potential through the exploration of digital recording, digital photography, videography, and graphic arts. Furthermore, the children would be able to develop core computer skills and behavioral skills needed for their ongoing education and their fututure careers. Carolina Studios' mission is to provide students a safe environment that fosters creative, education and career-focused initiatives through music technology and media arts.
- Please support the South Carolina Heart Gallery. Formed in 2005, the South Carolina Heart Gallery is a collaborative program administered and supported by the Children’s Foster Care Review Board - Office of the Governor and the South Carolina Department of Social Services. This unique partnership enhances adoption recruitment opportunities for waiting children. Local photographers donate their services to provide portraits of the children, which are displayed in public venues around the state. See the following Press Release by Edwin McCain and related news.
- Off the Page and On the Stage! - On May 29th, 2012, in Charleston, South Carolina, The Music Initiative (TMI) will host Off the Page & On the Stage at The Hippodrome Theater. From the folks that bring you BalconyTV www.balconytv.com and the upcoming Comcast Music Series “Eclectic Evenings,” this progressive music event will feature 20 of Charleston’s best talents, each performing an original song, and then “with a little help from their friends” share a wall of sound encore. They are especially excited to announce their special guests from New York City, the musical comedy due, The Reformed Whores. Event features: Danielle Howle, Travis Allison, Rene Russell, Megan Jean & the Klay Family Band, Satellite Rodeo, Southwood, Corinne Gooden, SC Broadcasters, Old You, and Entropy Ensemble. Tickets are a minimum donation of $5 to benefit the Charleston Musician's Health Alliance and can be purchased at www.charlestonhippodrome.com (available on Tuesday May 15th). (Will Lewis is an Advisory Boad Member of The Music Initiative.)
- On March 29th, 2012, Will Lewis attended the 46th Annual SMU Air Law Symposium at the Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas, Texas. The SMU Journal of Air Law and Commerce sponsors the oldest and largest annual aviation law symposium in the world. Recent events that have changed our aviation landscape surely added to the discussion, debate, and education at the Symposium. More than 500 aviation lawyers and industry representatives attended the conference.